New matter appended Feb 8, 2010 concerning press bottlenecks
A CALL TO ACTION
Who stands to gain from forcing the administration to try the 9/11 suspects in a military tribunal, where standards of evidence are lower? A vigorous defense in civilian court would put the true conspirators to shame, as the Moussoui trial showed.
Rather than worry about pesky inconsistencies getting before the public, why not hold quick show trials under tight Pentagon control?
Some of the pressure to block the trials is mere opportunistic fear-mongering by amoral politicians, but we can be sure that some of the flack has its source in Control Central, which seeks to keep America blind and dumb.
So what's the next move for those of us who remain outraged at the high-handed misconduct -- treason -- of the covert control freaks.
* A citizens commission -- not appointed by a government entity -- to reinvestigate the facts of the 9/11 attacks. The panel should be composed of several people, from the left, right and center, with substantial credentials for such an inquiry. They should review all published evidence, interview witnesses and carry out experiments, as needed. They should publish a final report.
* A board of scientific inquiry -- again, not appointed by a government entity -- to thoroughly review the investigations of the collapses of the twin towers and Building 7 by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. The aim would be to determine whether scientific fraud has been committed. If outright fraud is not determined, the experts should still assess whether the conclusions were warranted and honestly presented.
I would suggest that well-known 9/11 activists should not be appointed to such panels, though we should have no hard-and-fast ban and consider appointments on a case by case basis. We may need to exploit emeritus professors who are no longer worried about career obstacles and also because we want our panelists to be volunteers, beholden to no one.
The matter of organizing such inquiries should be handled carefully in order to guard against infiltration and takeover by adversaries, and this brings us to the matter of funding. I favor funding by small individual contributions in order to try to limit the impact of excessively egotistical personalities who might involve themselves in such endeavors.
But, you say, talk is cheap. What about making it happen? Yes, about all I can do is offer ideas. But surely there are others far more gifted than am I who are able to organize such actions effectively. Well, please do.
And don't think that it must be left to Americans. Citizens of every country that has felt the impact of the "war on terror" have an interest in conducting such inquiries. Then, the various indpendent inquiries will help to form a global voice in favor of 9/11 truth and justice, and reprimanding cowardly, controlled media.
That sounds as though I have prejudged the outcomes of the inquiries. True, I am very confident that reasonable investigators will find nothing but garbage in the official claims concerning 9/11.
Feb 8, 2010:
Bypassing the press bottlenecks
I have noticed that a number of 9/11 activists think that they can reach their objectives if only they could convince the mass media to cover the relevant facts in an objective way.
What they don't seem to fully grasp is that the mass media are the "organs of propaganda" of an invisible or semi-visible system composed of the super-powerful, whether they be business titans, national security officers, political action types, mobsters, communists or whomever has heavy duty clout.
The honest people in the media are for the most part intimidated into averting their gaze while the system encourages intellectual perverts and shills of every sort to wage propaganda war against 9/11 truth.
Yes, once the Powers that Be are in disarray, or once there is a major chink in the armor of one or the other of them, the press will go into a feeding frenzy. But, the 9/11 masterminds were relatively sure they could control the media, and, indeed, after a period of tension, they were able to use damage containment techniques to wall off problems.
And they will stop at nothing to keep the mass media muzzled. Their whole theory of power requires control of media, enhanced by all sorts of psy-op funny business to keep the public confused and off their scent.
On the other hand, we must admit that, from time to time, responsible journalists will see to it that 9/11 critics get a fair say. But, once that say appears, it's back to playing dumb.
These occasional efforts of honest journalists mean there is yet hope that the 9/11 masterminds will slip up and be unable to contain the firestorm that erupts.
BUT, in the meantime, we must also work to bypass the politico-media system.
* Use alternative media, such as Op-Ed News and IndyMedia, that are open to 9/11 criticism.
* Be on the lookout for interactive new media sites that blend print and video and that are hungry for content.
* If you are able, do your best to cover the 9/11 trials and post your reports on the internet. Perhaps this will help keep "establishment" reporting honest (and maybe not).
* Whenever possible, try to obtain good relationships with professional reporters -- even if they can write relatively little about 9/11 truth -- whether they work for alternative or system media. The upcoming al Qaeda trials provide a good opportunity for this. That is, a reporter might be able to call you for background concerning matters that are raised (probably by the defense) during the trial.
Please copy this post and pass it around